The healthcare industry depends on contingent workers to fill shifts when main hospital staff is maxed out. Even though these contingent workers provide peace of mind, they can also be tricky to manage. In most instances, contingent workers are treated differently than full-time employees. They’re paid differently, receive different benefits, and are protected by different labor laws. As such, you should not be treating your contingent workers the same way you treat your full-time workers.
With all of these different variables to consider, it’s important to have a method or system in place for managing contingent labor. Here are five ways a vendor management system (VMS) can help you manage contingent labor smarter and faster:
- Gain access to comprehensive reports. A good VMS solution provides companies with access to regular, detailed reports on all that is happening in their medical facilities. With ShiftWise, you’ll get all that and more. ShiftWise’s VMS solution gives you access to 30+ personalized reports on everything from performance to time slips. Knowing all that is happening across your workplace and workforce gives you the power and knowledge you need to make important staffing decisions.
- Find and keep quality talent. In a healthcare facility, nothing is more important than the staff members. Hospitals can be scary for some patients, but quality staff can provide the comfort and confidence that patients look for. With ShiftWise, you can find quality talent with top-tier vendors, whether you’re looking for contingent workers or full-time staff.
- Quickly and simply implement a VMS. Implementing a new vendor management system is exciting. It means lots of new changes for your healthcare facility. But the more comprehensive the software, the more important the implementation process is. ShiftWise knows this, and that’s why implementation staff provides all-inclusive training to ensure you know your new VMS inside and out. But we don’t just stop there — a personalized support team is available to answer your questions 24/7/365.
- Be prepared for the Joint Commission. To many healthcare employees, nothing is more nerve-wracking than a visit from the Joint Commission. Their surveys, while absolutely necessary to ensure quality, can be complex. Many healthcare facilities are caught off-guard. With ShiftWise, this won’t be the case. ShiftWise helps you stay prepared by managing employees’ expiring credentials, arranging employee training, and tracking time-stamped activity. With ShiftWise, you’ll always be expecting the unexpected.
- Get help from people who understand you. From payroll to benefits, managing healthcare staff can be difficult. That’s why it’s important to get help from people who understand what it’s like. ShiftWise was built with healthcare in mind so that you’ll never lose sleep worrying about whether shifts are filled.
If you’re wondering how to efficiently manage your contingent and full-time staff, you’re not alone. Many healthcare facilities struggle with managing everything across their entire workforce. With ShiftWise, you have all the information you need right in front of you. From personalized reports to credential management, ShiftWise gives you the resources you need to manage your entire workforce smarter and faster.